This blog is dedicated to bring the girls and women all over the world regular style inspiration in creating perfect unique pieces using simple wardrobe essentials.
Latest posts by StyleScript (see all)
- Layers - September 20, 2017
- High Slit Dreams About to Be Actualized, Dress to die for - September 13, 2017
- LITTLE POWER DRESS (LPD) - August 28, 2017
Recently, I turned over a new leaf and started living a healthier life, It has been mildly challenging but I feel so much better.
My stress levels decreased, my skin got clearer, my hair got thicker and my body feels lighter.
To achieve that, I made a few changes:
1. When I was on campus I used to drink lots of soda, I was a fanta orange junkie. I would have two 500ml bottles in a day. Needless to say, It all caught up with me, my skin started breaking out really badly, and even my acne medication wouldn’t work because of my lifestyle choice. (That wasn’t the only reason but was one of them).
I finally replaced my soda cravings for water and I started seeing some improvement. There’s no way around this, you just need to drink water.
2. I currently, blend fruits for breakfast, which mostly include; bananas, watermelon, avocado and sometimes grapes. This also helps curb my fanta orange craving, It’s my crack guys.
3. Dance! Regular exercise is usually the best, but let’s be honest, when was the last time you did a squat or a push-up? I thought so. When you break into some dance moves to your favourite music, if you feel sore the next day it means it’s working.
4. When you get invited by your friends for happy hour, no need to turn them down. Go out! Drink your cocktails, have a good time. Preferably, choose the cocktails that have fresh fruits in them and in between every one to two drinks to have a glass of water.
Note: This shouldn’t be a daily affair, just once in a while.
5. There is no such thing as a cheat day. Cheat days are like saying ‘I’ll start my diet plan on Monday’ which more often than not, never happens. So no cheat days. That said, reduce your carb intake, opt for healthier foods. It doesn’t have to be ‘leaves’ as my mum calls them, you can have a sandwich, as long as it’s on brown bread or baked sweet potato fries instead of french fries.
One last thing, don’t wait for Monday to start implementing. You won’t even realise it at first, but after a while, you’ll feel positive impacts of the changes.
I’m still working on it.
It’s a marathon, not a sprint.